In the name of Allah the most Beneficent and the most Merciful
INTERNATIONAL ZAKAT EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME 2008
“Enhancing the Ummah through Zakat Excellence”
15-26 DECEMBER 2008
ISLAMIC TRAINING INSTITUTE OF MALAYSIA
خُذۡ مِنۡ أَمۡوَٲلِهِمۡ صَدَقَةً۬ تُطَهِّرُهُمۡ وَتُزَكِّيہِم بِہَا وَصَلِّ عَلَيۡهِمۡۖ إِنَّ صَلَوٰتَكَ سَكَنٌ۬ لَّهُمۡۗ وَٱللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ
“Take Sadaqah (alms) from their wealth in order to purify them and sanctify them with it, and invoke Allah for them. Verily! Your invocations are a source of security for them, and Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower”.
Surah At-Taubah 9: 103
Zakat is one of the pillars of Islam fulfilling it will increase one’s faith as well as strengthening brotherhood among mankind. Zakat has long existed and successfully played an important role in the ummah socio-economic development. Unfortunately, at present zakat is no longer in the economic mainstream; as such it has diminished its importance in the eyes of the ummah. The current downtrend in socio-economic state of the Muslims that are mired with poverty, illiteracy, malnutrition, increasing gaps between rich and poor; this provides opportunity to zakat to be a solution in alleviating these mishaps. Therefore, excellence in zakat must be realized if it is to continue to act as catalyst and savior for the ummah.
We, the participants of The International Zakat Executive Development Program (IZEDP) 2008 on 24th December 2008 / 26 Zulhijjah 1429H have agreed upon the following recommendations:
PLATFORM FOR INTERNATIONAL ZAKAT COLLABORATION
1. Creation of a global zakat forum among practitioners and thinkers as well as government and non-governmental organizations as a means to strengthen zakat globally, i.e. to create World Zakat Forum (WZF).
2. Collaboration within countries and organizations to undertake research, publication and training of matters related to development of zakat.
3. Exchange and sharing of officials, program, resources and information among zakat institutions internationally.
4. Setting up of committee to promote standardization of zakat practices among countries, i.e. an International Zakat Standard.
ENHANCEMENT OF COUNTRIES’ ZAKAT MANAGEMENT
5. Enhance training on the management of zakat to achieve maximum potential of zakat collection as well as effective distribution,
6. Synergizing the management of zakat with other institutions and agencies to give a greater impact and facilitate the payment and distribution of zakat,
7. Creation of benchmark with the best management practice.
8. Creation of a manual of zakat practice (MZP) to guide zakat organization in performing their operation.
ADVANCING THE SYIAR OF ZAKAT
9. Promote public confidence of zakat organization through greater accountability and transparency in collection and distribution of zakat,
10. Educate and create awareness among the public on the importance of zakat so that this duty will be fulfilled voluntarily (due to faith / iman) i.e. providing exposure of zakat at the early age,
11. Invite leaders of Muslim countries and organizations to implement zakat within their countries/organizations,
12. Identify contemporary real life example of successful zakat organizations and recipients as a model in promoting and marketing of zakat,
13. Fostering entrepreneurship through the deployment of zakat excellence collection and distribution management.
Allahumma Ya Allah,
May Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala blessed and ridho on all the ideas, effort and energy in ensuring zakat to play an important role in the ummah socio economic development. Ameen. Herewith, we the participants and organizer of The International Zakat Executive Development Program 2008 declared the said recommendations.
Department of Awqaf, Zakat and Hajj (JAWHAR) Malaysia,
Islamic Development Bank (IDB)
Economic Planning Unit (EPU) Malaysia
Institut Kajian Zakat Malaysia (Zakat Research Institute of Malaysia) (IKaZ)
Islamic Training Institute of Malaysia (ILIM)
Pusat Pungutan Zakat (Zakat Collection Centre of Federal Territory) Malaysia
Lembaga Zakat Selangor (Selangor Zakat Board) Malaysia
Department of Zakat and Income Tax, Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs of Oman
Zakat Collection, Distribution and Endowment (Awqaf) Board, Zamfara State, Nigeria
Badan Amil Zakat Nasional (BAZNAS) Indonesia
Forum Zakat Nasional (FOZ) Indonesia
Dompet Dhuafa (DD) Indonesia
Majlis Ugama Islam Negara Brunei Darussalam
Pusat Urus Zakat Pulau Pinang, (Zakat Management Centre) Malaysia
Pusat Zakat Melaka (Zakat Centre of Melaka) Malaysia
Malaysia Association for Tax Accountants (MATA) Malaysia
24th December 2008 / 26 Zulhijjah 1429H
Post a Comment